Synthesize Peytie's signature voice with Magic Vox.
Magic Vox is a max for live polyphonic midi vocal chop player. Use Magic Vox to create sparkling melodies, beautiful pads, detuned super-synths, and more.
Version 2.0 Notes: Improved performance during automation.
- Polyphonic up to 24 voices
- 75 samples recorded and preprocessed by Peytie
- 3 different vowel sounds per note depending on velocity
- Hold each note infinitely with custom playback algorithm
- Custom spatial delay knob
- Tilt EQ for fine-tuning timbre
- Detune knob for chorus and dissonance
- Time knob for manipulating the amplitude envelope
- Random panning knob for per-note spatialization
- Custom animated interface
Compatibility: Magic Vox has been tested on Ableton 10 and Ableton 11 with Max 7 and Max 8. Make sure you are able to run max for live devices before downloading. If you are not sure, try using one of my free devices first.
Instructions: Simply save the file in a convenient location and drag it on to a midi track in Ableton. You can add the device to your Ableton Library by clicking the save icon on the top right of the device.
Contact/Issues: If you have any questions or if you would like to report a bug, please reach out on twitter @nthnblair. I will try my best to fix any software issues that arise.
Demo audio made in collaboration with rocco bunko
You'll get NTHN_PEYTIE_MAGIC_VOX_v2.amxd